WWE Monday Night RAW Results 22/01/18 – 25th Anniversary
On January 11 1993, the very first edition of Monday Night RAW came from the Manhattan Center in New York City. Now over 25 Years later, the WWE aired Episode 1,288 of RAW from the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York. But in a RAW first, it aired in a live simulcast with parts of RAW coming from the Manhattan Center, the shows original home. With 25 Years of bad blood and rivalry coming together in the Big Apple, anything was surely going to happen as superstars past and present came together. Here is the WWE Monday Night RAW Results 22/01/2018 for its 25th Anniversary…
– The show opened as Shane and Stephanie McMahon presented a plaque to Vince McMahon for 25 Years of RAW. Vince then complained about this, and shouted off his mouth until Stone Cold Steve Austin came out. Vince attempted to back down, telling Austin to get Shane instead. Austin then nailed both Vince and Shane with stunners.
1. Sasha Banks, Mickie James, Bayley and Asuka defeated Absolution, Alicia Fox and Nia Jax
– Kurt Angle was seen backstage in his office where he was greeted by Jonathan Coachman, Harvey Wippleman, Brooklyn Brawler, Brother Love, Teddy Long and The Boogeyman.
– From the Manhattan Center, The Undertaker appeared for the first time since WrestleMania 33. He talked about the legacy he has created throughout 25 Years of WWE RAW.
– Former RAW General Managers John Laurinaitis, William Regal appeared on the stage. They were joined by the current SmackDown Live General Manager Daniel Bryan. As Daniel was on the stage, The Miz made his entrance for the next match of the evening.
2. WWE Intercontinental Championship: The Miz defeated Roman Reigns (c) to capture
– Hosting the latest edition of “The Peep Show”, Christian made his return to the WWE. He was joined by guests Jason Jordan and Seth Rollins. They were interrupted by The Bar which lead to a fight breaking out. This led to Seth Rollins nailing Jordan with a springboard knee accidentally.
– Alexa Bliss appeared backstage, but was interrupted by Charlotte Flair. Flair proclaimed Alexa was only champion as she was on a different show. They were joined by Ric Flair, who backed up Charlotte. They them Woooo’d to end the segment.
3. Bray Wyatt defeated Matt Hardy
– Former WWE female competitors The Bella Twins, Maryse, Lilian Garcia, Maria Kanellis, Jacqueline, Kelly Kelly, Michelle McCool, Torrie Wilson, Terri Runnels and Trish Stratus appeared on the stage.
– Chris Jericho appeared in a backstage segment with Elia. Y2J then played a song about how Elias had just made the list. Elias then appeared in the ring and insulted Jimmy Fallon. John Cena then appeared and challenged him to a fight. Elias then nailed Cena with a low blow and a guitar.
– Backstage, Heath Slater lost a lot of money in a poker game in the APA Office. The game of poker included Rhyno, The APA, “Million Dollar Man” Ted DiBiase, The Usos, MVP, Jeff Hardy, Natalya, The New Day and Titus Worldwide. Dana accused Slater of cheating, as DiBiase won the game.
4. Heath Slater and Rhyno fought Titus Worldwide to a no-contest
– Backstage, WWE Champion AJ Styles was interviewed by Mean Gene Okerlund.
– Triple H and Shawn Michaels appeared, and thanked fans for supporting RAW over the years. They were quickly joined by The New Age Outlaws, X-Pac and Scott Hall. They were soon joined by The Bálor Club who attempted to “too sweet” with them, but it lead to the final match.
5. Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson defeated The Revival
– Kurt Angle appeared in the ring, and brought out Braun Strowman, Kane and Brock Lesnar. Various WWE superstars and legends appeared as lumberjacks. Brock quickly nailed Kane with an F5 before Braun put Lesnar through the announce table with the running power slam.
What do you think about the events of the 25th Anniversary of RAW? We’d love to know what you think!
Image Credit: StillRealtoUs.com