WWE Monday Night RAW Preview 09/04/18 – The Day After
The Day After WrestleMania has always proven to be an interesting one in WWE RAW history. The Day After WrestleMania 34 proved to be nothing different. After being beaten to a bloody pulp, what was next for Roman Reigns? Following the news he had resigned, what did the savage WWE Universal Champion Brock Lesnar do next? What else happened with the and one half of the RAW Tag Team Champions Nicholas? Coming from the shadows of the Mercedes-Benz Superdome, this weeks RAW aired from the Smoothie King Center in New Orleans, Louisiana. Here is the post-WrestleMania WWE RAW Results 09/04/18…
– The show opened with Stephanie McMahon with her arm in a sling. She took credit for Ronda Rousey’s debut and welcomed her to the ring. She then introduced her “friend” Ronda Rousey. Rousey shook her hand before putting her injured arm in an armbar.
– It was announced there will be a 2018 Superstar Shake-Up on RAW and SmackDown Live next week.
1. Ember Moon and Nia Jax defeated Alexa Bliss and Mickie James
2. No Way Jose defeated John Skyler
– Kurt Angle informed Cesaro and Sheamus that they will get rematch at the Greatest Royal Rumble against three other teams. The other teams will earn their spot in a tag team eliminator tournament.
3. Tag Team Eliminator Match: The Revival defeated Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows
– Seth Rollins celebrated his Intercontinental and Grand Slam Championship. Finn Bálor came to the ring to saying that Rollins deserved it, but he wanted to be the first challenger to Rollins’ title. Rollins shook his hand and accepted, but the Miz arrived to remind them that he is owed a mandatory rematch. Rollins offered to have the rematch right now, but Miz wants it at Backlash. Jeff Hardy’s music hit as he made his return from injury to even the odds, and Miz and the Miztourage departed.
4. Mandy Rose defeated Sasha Banks
– After the match, Paige gave an emotional speech announcing her retirement.
– Elias was in the ring running down the WrestleMania crowd and to perform a special concert. He was interrupted by a returning Bobby Lashley, who beat Elias down.
– Backstage, Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens approached Kurt Angle for a job. Angle said he has one spot and they can fight for it.
– Heath Slater and Rhyno were in the ring, feeling disrespected for being left out of the tournament. Slater challenged anyone to a match, at which point the Authors of Pain made their debut.
5. The Authors of Pain defeated Heath Slater and Rhyno
– Roman Reigns came to the ring and talked about his match match with Brock Lesnar at the Greatest Royal Rumble. Samoa Joe returned, calling Reigns a failure. He said once Reigns fails again against Lesnar, he’ll be waiting to fight him at Backlash.
6. Tag Team Eliminator Match: Matt Hardy and Bray Wyatt defeated Titus O’Neil and Apollo
7. Sami Zayn fought Kevin Owens to a No-Contest
8. Jeff Hardy, Finn Bálor, and Seth Rollins defeated The Miz, Curtis Axel, and Bo Dallas
What do you think of this years post-WrestleMania RAW? Tell us what you think!
Image Credit: WWE.com