WWE SmackDown Live Results 02/01/18 – Zayn Battle!
As the countdown to the Royal Rumble 2018 continued, how did things pick up the pace on SmackDown Live. In the first outing of 2018, the WWE Champion AJ Styles battled with Sami Zayn. Was Sami able to gain an upset over the champion? Or did the Phenomenal One continue to gain even more momentum. Which members of the SmackDown Live roster declared their entry in the Royal Rumble matches? As the WWE rolled into the Amway Center in Orlando, Florida here is the WWE SmackDown Live Results 02/01/18…
– The show opened with Daniel Bryan and Shane McMahon arguing again. AJ Styles vs. Sami Zayn was announced as the main event. At ringside would Kevin Owens, Shane and Daniel.
1. WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championship Match: The Usos (c) defeated Shelton Benjamin and Chad Gable. Gable and Benjamin won following a powerbomb/clothesline, but the match was restarted. It was revealed the wrong Uso was pinned and Shelton was the legal man. The Usos eventually won.
2. The Bludgeon Brothers vs. Breezango didn’t happen. The Brothers attacked Breezango before the bell.
3. WWE United States Championship Tournament Match: Xavier Woods defeated Aiden English.
3. The Riott Squad defeated Carmella, Natalya and Tamina. After the match, the Riott Squad cut a promo about how they will win the Royal Rumble. They were interrupted by Charlotte Flair, Naomi and a returning Becky Lynch, who charged the ring and attacked the them.
4. Sami Zayn defeated WWE Champion AJ Styles in a non-title match. Kevin Owens and Shane McMahon came to blows at ringside, leading to the referee to throw out Owens. Daniel Bryan suggested that if Owens was being removed, then so should Shane. Zayn took advantage of the distraction and hit a Helluva Kick for the win.
Afterwards, AJ Styles asked for a handicap match against Zayn and Owens. Daniel Bryan agreed and made the WWE Championship match for Royal Rumble a handicap match.
What do you think about the events of SmackDown Live this week? Let us know what you think!
Image Credit: WWE.com