Ric Flair speaks on 16 Time Champion John Cena & More
Ric Flair has now being immortalized even more by the WWE. At WrestleMania 33 Fan Axxess, he has seen a bronze statue of himself unveiled – similar to those of Andre the Giant, Bruno Sammartino and The Ultimate Warrior. Already a two-time Hall of Famer, he has being even more enshrined into the legacy of the WWE. In addition to this, he appeared in a Q&A session at WrestleCon alongside Jim Ross and Sting. In this, he spoke out on 16-time Champion John Cena and more. Here is some of the highlights of what he had to say…
- Flair stated that he has absolutely no problem with John Cena typing his record as a 16-time champion
- Flair stated that he argued with Vince McMahon regarding the final WCW Monday Nitro. He was reportedly not happen with his overall appearance.
- NOTE: At the point of the final WCW Monday Nitro, Flair had not being active in the ring for nearly 9 months since June 2000. He wrestled the match in a t-shirt.
- Flair stated that the original Black Scorpion was scheduled to be Al Perez. However, things changed when Perez didn’t want to be beaten.
- NOTE: The Black Scorpion storyline was a heavy feature of WCW programming in late-1990. It culminated in a Steel Cage match at Starrcade 1990, when Sting defeated The Black Scorpion (Ric Flair) to retain the NWA World Heavyweight Championship.
- Flair stated that he will never get back into the podcast business. This is because of the backlash he received when he rather boldly stated Finn Balor would never main event WrestleMania.
- Flair stated that Jay Lethal should be in the WWE, and Seth Rollins works much better as a heel.
- Flair stated that had Sting being in the WWE before Hulk Hogan, there would have never been Hulk Hogan. This was because of how much Sting was over with the audience. JR added that Sting is also a very reliable and athletic worker.
Image Credit: Geek.com