WWE Monday Night RAW Results 8th August 2016
Last week on RAW, we bore witness to the return of Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman to the WWE Universe. On his first official night on the Red Brand, he fell victim to the invader Randy Orton. The Viper struck with an RKO out of nowhere. Brock return the favour last week on SmackDown, decimating The Viper. With things quickly spiraling out of control, RAW General Manager Mick Foley has invited SmackDown General Manager Daniel Bryan to RAW. What will happen when these two come face-to-face? And with less than two weeks until the establishment of the WWE Universal Championship, what will Seth Rollins have in-store for Finn Balor? This weeks edition of RAW comes from the Honda Center in Anaheim, California. Here is this weeks WWE Monday Night RAW Results 8th August 2016…
1. Chris Jericho defeated Enzo Amore. Owens grabbed Amore’s leg causing Jericho to hit the Codebreaker. Cass entered the ring and hit Jericho with a big boot, drawing the disqualification. After the match, Enzo and Cass challenged Jericho and Owens to a tag team match at SummerSlam, which was accepted.
2. Braun Strowman defeated Jorel Nelson (Local Wrestler).
3. Darren Young defeated Titus O’Neil. Young rolled up Titus with a handful of tights whilst Bob Backlund wasn’t looking.
— Seth Rollins came out, cutting an in-ring promo running down Finn Bálor.
4. Cesaro defeated Sheamus. Sheamus cheap-shotted Cesaro but caught the referee in the process. As a result, the ref wasn’t able to count Sheamus’ roll-up pin. When Sheamus complained, Cesaro got a roll-up of his own for the pinfall.
5. Neville and Sin Cara defeated The Dudley Boyz.
— Newlyweds Rusev and Lana had an in-ring celebration of love, which was interrupted by Roman Reigns. Things broke down into a brawl and Lana fell into a cake.
6. Sasha Banks defeated Dana Brooke. If Sasha won this match, Dana Brooke would be banned from ringside at SummerSlam. If Dana won, it would be a 2-on-1 handicap match. Sasha won in short order with the double knee drop in the corner ropes.
7. Luke Gallows defeated Kofi Kingston. Big E is still out indefinitely due to his groin injury sustained last week. Gallows got the pin very quickly. After the match, Gallows and Anderson tried to injure Kingston’s groin as well, but Xaver Woods ran them off with a chair.
— Daniel Bryan and Mick Foley bickered about Randy Orton and Brock Lesnar and their respective shows. Rusev came out to suck up to Mick Foley, but Cesaro interrupted saying he deserves a championship opportunity. Foley makes an United States Championship match between Rusev and Cesaro as the main event, with the winner facing Roman Reigns at SummerSlam.
8. United States Championship Match: Rusev (c) defeated Cesaro. Rusev managed to retain due to a run-in from Sheamus and rampant cheating behind the referee’s back. Roman Reigns speared Rusev after the match and left him laying.
What do you think about what happened on this weeks RAW? We’d love to know what you think!
Image Credit: Heavy.com