WWE SmackDown Results 26th July 2016
The Blue Brand is back within the WWE Universe, and determined more than ever to conquer the Red Brand. Under the leadership of Shane McMahon and Daniel Bryan, what lengths will the superstars go to in order to captivate the WWE Universe? With the WWE World Heavyweight Championship now exclusive to SmackDown, what is next for champion Dean Ambrose? Which member of the Blue Brand will have him in their sight? And will the superstars drafted from NXT make their debut, and what impact can they have? The countdown is on to the biggest party of the summer, SummerSlam 2016. What will the Blue Brand contribute towards this. This weeks edition of SmackDown Live comes from the First Niagara Center in Buffalo, New York. Here is this weeks SmackDown Results 26th July 2016…
– The show opened with Shane McMahon and Daniel Bryan standing inside the ring, surrounded by the SmackDown Live Roster. They then announced that this evening, there would be a Six Pack Challenge to determine the number one contender for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. Five participants were confirmed: John Cena, Bray Wyatt, Baron Corbin, Dolph Ziggler and AJ Styles. The sixth participant would be determined by a Battle Royal.
1. Apollo Crews won the Battle Royal, gaining entry into the Six Pack Challenge. Crews won, last eliminating Kane.
2. Becky Lynch defeated Natalya. Becky won the match when she forced Natalya to tap out to the Disarmer. Afterwards, Alexa Bliss, Naomi, Carmella and Eva Marie all came out to battle for the women’s division supremacy.
– The Miz attempted to interview himself on MizTV, but was quickly interrupted by Randy Orton. Orton proceeded to insult The Miz until Maryse accepted a non-title match on her husbands behalf.
3. Randy Orton defeated The Miz. Orton won following two consecutive RKOs.
– It was announced that American Alpha will debut next week on SmackDown Live.
– Heath Slater made his way to the ring, demanding Shane McMahon sign him to the SmackDown Live Roster. The reason: he is the hottest free agent in WWE. However, he was Gored by Rhyno, who was hiding under the ring.
4. Dolph Ziggler won the Six Pack Challenge, to become the Number One Contender for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. John Cena took out four of the competitors with Attitude Adjustments, before he is nailed by a Phenomenal Forearm from AJ Styles. Styles is then nailed with a superkick from Ziggler to get the victory.
What do we think about what happened on WWE SmackDown Live this week…are you happy that Dolph Ziggler is one his way to SummerSlam? We’d love to know what you think!
Image Credit: ComicBook.com