Following the first Monday Night Raw of the “New Era”, it is time for WWE Smackdown which was recorded on Tuesday night.
* Chris Jericho‘s The Highlight Reel kicks off SmackDown. Jericho talks about how he put Dean Ambrose in the hospital. Sami Zayn is he guest but they are interrupted by WWE Intercontinental Champion The Miz and Maryse. Jericho throws a fit, calls everyone idiots and walks out. Zayn and Miz scuffle, leading to a match.
* Sami Zayn defeated The Miz by DQ. Kevin Owens is out for commentary. He ended up interrupting the match and attacking Zayn for the disqualification. Cesaro ran out to make the save. He cleared the ring and held the title in the air while staring at Miz.
* Backstage AJ Styles, Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson are talking. They tell Styles he needs to get a little extreme if he wants to beat Roman Reigns at Extreme Rules. Styles says it’s time he had a little chat with Reigns.
* The Vaudevillains defeated Bo Dallas and Curtis Axel. After the match, Big Cass came out to confront Simon Gotch and Aiden English. He took them both out with powerbombs, then gave one to Axel.
* Natalya and Becky Lynch defeated Emma and WWE Women’s Champion Charlotte in a tag match when Emma tapped to the Sharpshooter.
* Styles finds Reigns in the locker room and asks if he’s going to get involved in The Usos vs. Gallows and Anderson match tonight. Reigns says he’s the champion, so he goes where he wants and they are family, so he will do what he wants.
* Rusev squashed Zack Ryder. After the match, Lana and Rusev celebrate until WWE United States Champion Kalisto runs down. He nails a corkscrew forearm on Rusev and runs back out.
* Backstage segment with Fandango trying to show Goldust new dance moves. R-Truth and Tyler Breeze approach them and end up dancing together.
* Darren Young approaches WWE Hall of Famer Bob Backlund and asks him to be his new life coach. Backlund says yes but Darren needs to realize wrestling is life. Their new catchphrase is “Make Darren Great Again”.
* Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson with AJ Styles vs. The Usos with WWE World Heavyweight Champion Roman Reigns is next. Overwhelming boos for Reigns. Anderson ends up kicking Reigns in the face while he’s standing outside of the ring. Reigns dives into the ring and all hell breaks loose. The match ends in a DQ and turns into a six-man.
* Reigns and The Usos defeated Styles, Gallows and Anderson when Reigns speared Anderson for the pin. One of The Usos held Styles’ legs so he couldn’t break the pin. SmackDown ends with a staredown between Reigns and Styles.