If there was a time for WWE management to panic, now is really the time. Just as we are heading into Wrestlemania season several key top players in the main event roster are sadly in the injury list. With more being added pretty much every week. With WWE wanting over 100,000 people to sell out the AT&T Stadium in Arlington; missing stars like Daniel Bryan, Randy Orton, Seth Rollins and John Cena isn’t going to help. Below we take a good look at the current inactive WWE injury list providing updates for each star.
WWE Injury List
- John Cena – WWE’s most reliable man is looking very likely to miss his first ever Wrestlemania. On January 5th 2016, Cena tweeted the world that he is heading to Birmingham, for immediate surgery. It is unclear how the injury occurred, considering he has only been back wrestling for 2 weeks. – Injury update.
John Cena has made good progress since his surgery, posting several images onto Instagram and twitter. WWE held back on the original plan of Cena facing Undertaker. As a result a planned John Cena appearance at WrestleMania is very unlikely.
- Nikki Bella – The longest reigning Diva’s champion took time off to rehab a neck issue following dropping her title to Charlotte at Hell In A Cell.
- Daniel Bryan – Sidelined to the inactive roster due to a concussion obtained on the April tour of Europe. WWE doctors have not cleared Daniel to wrestle, whilst other doctors have. On 7th Jan 2016 Bryan tweet his frustration on the situation. Daniel Bryan announced his retirement on 8th February episode of Raw following months of speculations. Daniels concussions were massively holding him back, something Bryan was hiding from doctors.
- Seth Rollins – The injury that caused WWE to shuffle around the entire Survivor Series card, thus the majority of the WWE roster having to halt all momentum. Seth suffered a knee injury in a match against Kane in Dublin, Ireland. Successful surgery has resulted in possible return in 4 to 7 months. Recently Seth Rollins has appeared at the Performance Centre looking in great shape. His return is imminent.
- Sting – During the main event at Night Of Champions, Sting suffered a series of stiff bumps aggravating a neck injury in a similar severity as Edge. Recovery is looking promising but don’t expect the Stinger back anytime soon. – Update
- Randy Orton – Similar to John Cena, Orton will miss this years Wrestlemania thanks to ongoing shoulder issues and neck issues. – November update
- Cesaro – Following a fantastic match against Roman Reigns on Raw everything was looking up for Cesaro, however a shoulder injury halted everything. There is no indication of when he will return. – Update
- Tyson Kidd – In Somoa Joe’s first WWE match (dark) Joe delivered a stiff musclebuster causing severe neck problems for Tyson. His return is not expected anytime soon and rumours of Tyson’s retirement as a result have been circulating.
- Sasha Banks – In 01/07/16 edition of the Wrestling Observer newsletter, reports that Sasha Banks is also injured surfaced. This is only rumours, however Banks last match was on Dec. 28th. Sasha Banks returned to WWE at the Royal Rumble.
- King Barrett – Injury prone Barrett is currently rehabbing nerve damage in his neck. He is still appearing on TV alongside the League of Nations though is working a limited schedule. – Barretts Twitter
- Sin Cara – One half of the Lucha Dragons dislocated his shoulder during a match on 28th Decembers edition of Raw. He is still appearing however not wrestling alongside Kalisto. – Sin Cara’s Twitter. Sin Cara joined Kalisto on Raw.
- Konnor – PWInsider reported this week that Ascension member Konnor has dislocated his jaw during their match with R-Truth and Goldust. There is no indication on recovery time.
This is very worrying times for WWE, having 12 main roster stars on the sidelines on the run to Wrestlemania is very worrying indeed. With such a rich NXT roster, it only makes sense for some new blood to debut on the main roster to shake things up. It will also make alot of sense to why Heath Slater has formed a new group on this week’s Raw following months of disappearance. When it comes to the main event, there isn’t many established stars to carry the show. Despite the bad news, injuries only open up opportunities for other wrestlers to step up and grab those brass rings.
What is your thoughts on the injury latest, is there anyone you want to come back to WWE? Let us know in the comments below
Image Credit: Daniel Bryan Fans Facebook Page