The first episode of 2016 takes place from the AT&T Centre in San Antonio, Texas. Tonight’s main event see’s Roman Reigns defend his WWE World Heavyweight title against Sheamus with Mr McMahon as the referee. The odds are certainly stacked up against Roman. We can also expect several announcements for the Royal Rumble match itself.
Here are the Raw Results
– We begin Raw with a recap of the previous weeks RAW highlighting Mr McMahon’s arrest and confrontation of Reigns later on in the evening..
– Stephanie McMahon makes her way to the ring but is quickly interrupted by Roman Reigns, who calls Vince out but he isn’t there yet. Stephanie and Roman exchange with him talking about providing for his family, with the crowd thinking Roman will win.
– A promo is shown for Brock Lesnar returning next week on RAW, and how people are going to get hurt.
I love that Brock Lesnar is returning; WWE needs some extra excitement and the Beast is just that.
– Kevin Owens defeated Neville
– Vince is shown arriving at the arena, pointing out his charges were dropped and the ironic thing being he is the law tonight.
– Titus O’Neil defeated Stardust
– We go backstage to Charlotte and Becky Lynch talking about their match and agree to do it again in the Spirit of Competition.
– Becky Lynch defeated Charlotte in a non-title match
A decent match up between these two. I do dislike how Charlotte has Flair in her corner, it has no purpose for her character and legitimacy as a wrestler.
– We go backstage to Vince who is joined by Sheamus and tells him how there will be no cheating or interference tonight and how The Luck of the Irish maybe with Sheamus.
– The Big Show fought Ryback to a no-contest
– The Wyatt Family attack Ryback after the match before taking down Show before announcing all the members of the Wyatt Family will rise in the Royal Rumble.
– Alberto Del Rio and Rusev defeated The Usos
– Heath Slater defeated Dolph Ziggler
Heath Slater came to the ring with Bo Dallas, Curtis Axel and Adam Rose. After the shocking upset, all four gave promos calling themselves the Social Outcasts.
– The New Day make their way to the ring and cut a promo before they are interrupted by Chris Jericho, who proclaims to be one of the most charismatic superstars in history before announcing his participation in the Royal Rumble match.
– The New Day defeated The Dudley Boyz and Kalisto
– Roman Reigns (c) defeated Sheamus to retain the WWE World Heavyweight Championship with Vince McMahon as the Special Guest Referee
Vince McMahon took full advantage of trying to screw Roman out of the title, slow counting every pin fall. Roman has enough and decides to Superman Punch the boss. Former referee Scott Armstrong makes his return only to mess with Reigns too. After taking out both McMahon and Armstrong, Reigns defeats Sheamus with the Spear to retain his title.
– After the match, Vince announced that Reigns will defend the title in the Royal Rumble, facing and defending against 29 other competitors
What did you think about RAW this week and the Royal Rumble announcement by Vince McMahon plus the next batch of competitors announced including Chris Jericho returning…we’d love to hear what you think!
Image Credit: Facebook.com