We’re now on the countdown to Christmas 2015, and to take the sight off the doom and gloom in the buildup to this time of the year. We shall be counting down the 25 Days till Christmas by bringing you a random wrestling fact on each day, with something related to the specific number of days left till Christmas. So, here we go with Number 25…
Random Fact Number 25: 25 Years of The Undertaker
As we have recently seen at WWE Survivor Series 2015, we celebrated 25 Years of The Undertaker in the WWE; an absolutely incredibly feat for anyone in today’s wrestling world. Whilst the number of matches a year has dwindled considerably, he still goes out there and puts his heart and soul into every match he has. Here on Wrestling’s Dirty Deeds, we recently discussed each of the different deadman eras and provided an in-depth insight into what we thought as shown below;
Other Number 25 Random Facts
- WrestleMania 25: The last WrestleMania Rowdy Roddy Piper competed at before his death in 2015. He entered a credible effort despite the losing effort but he reminded us what a great character Roddy Piper was. Rest in Peace Roddy!
- Entry Number 25: The entrance in the Royal Rumble match for Hulk Hogan in 1990, where he went onto win the match. This remains the only Royal Rumble to date where Entrant Number 25 has produced the winner.
- April 25. 2014: The date in which the inaugural recipient of the Warrior Award, Connor Mason Michalek lost his battle with cancer at the age of 8. Rest in Peace Connor!
- June 25. 2007: The date in which an episode of RAW was supposed to be dedicated to the memory of Vince McMahon. In actual fact ended up being a tribute to Chris Benoit who had died the previous day.
- Ric Flair: whilst it is proclaimed that Flair is a 16-time World Heavyweight Champion, this figure is disputed by many as this is the number WWE recognizes when in actual fact there are up to 25 reigns being proclaimed.
- Brock Lesnar: The Beast Incarnate, The Master of Suplex City remains the youngest WWE Champion of all time, when he defeated The Rock at SummerSlam 2002 aged 25 to become the WWE Champion, a stat that remains to this day.
- April 25. 1992: The date in which ECW, then known as Eastern Championship Wrestling was founded by Tod Gordon. ECW would later become Extreme Championship Wrestling, providing fans with many memories for years to come.
- Larry Zybszko: the amount of $25,000 paid to Killer Tim Brooks to allow Zybszko to buy the NWA World Heavyweight Championship from him, however the title was declared vacant and he later won it in a tournament in May 1983. He went on to lose the championship to Bret Wayne on September 25. 1983.
- WWE Championship: after Andre the Giant defeated Hulk Hogan for the WWE Championship in February 1988, he immediately sold the title to Ted DiBiase. This move was not permitted by President Jack Tunney and for the first time in the championships 25-year history, it was declared vacant.
- Sting: “The Vigilante” is known for holding a variety of different championships throughout his time with WCW and TNA. In total he has had 25 different championship reigns including WCW Championship, TNA World Heavyweight Championship, NWA World Heavyweight Championship and more!
Can you think of any other random Number 25 Facts associated with wrestling, there has got to be hundreds out there…we’d love to hear what random facts you can come up with!
Image Credit: Facebook.com